The Australian National Committee Of
The International Chamber of Commerce
The Australian arm of the world business organisation
ICC Australia is the Australian arm of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) - the world
voice of business which champions the global economy as a force for economic growth, job creation
The ICC and ICC Australia serve business through promotion of trade, investment, open markets
and the free flow of capital. Both defend the private enterprise system and encourage self-regulation
and ethical behaviour by business. ICC Australia is one of the oldest ICC affiliates. The Australian
National Committee was established in 1927. ACCI is the exclusive Australian affiliate to the ICC
and we operate ICC Australia's Secretariat.
Join ICC Australia:
Benefits of Membership
- Before each annual G8 Summit, ICC leaders present the views of the global business highlight key issues for the operation of the global economy at a private meeting with the head of the host government
- ICC members are instrumental in developing and drawing up the rules that businesses all over the world use every day to reduce costs, uncertainties and inconsistencies;in commercial international arbitration; banking; commercial contracts and trade
- ICC brings together the world's biggest, most influential and dynamic corporations. By joining ICC Australia, a company joins one of the world's most prominent business organisation and its leaders immersed in one of the most influential international business networks
- ICC Australia members gain influence at a national level through ICC's global network of National Committees and at the international level through the ICC's privileged links with major inter-governmental organisations such as the World Trade Organisation, the G8 and G20 and the United Nations
- ICC Australia is a treasure trove of information and experience in all matters affecting international business operations. Members receive a range of ICC statements and publications and they tap into the vast multi-disciplinary knowledge of the hundreds of experts who conduct the work of the ICC Policy Commissions
- ICC Australia membership is entrée into prestigious and influential ICC global network replete with advantages such as the ability to forge global relationships at the highest level at ICC events
To join Click HERE
News From The ICC
Australia Wins Small Business Prize At 7th World Chambers Congress
The New South Wales Business Chamber won the World Chambers Competition prize for Best Small Business Project at the recently concluded 7th World Chambers Congress in Mexico.
Part of ACCI's National Member Network, the NSW Business Chamber's Online Growth Program defeated innovative programs to support business from Chambers of Commerce around the world. Stephen Cartwright, the Chamber's CEO
(pictured second from right) accepted the prize.
The Online Growth Program small business get online, develop e-strategies and improve their web presence.
Online Growth offers practical 'how to' documents, online videos, seminars and coaching and is an Australian Government funded initiative under the Small Business Online Program.
ACCI's National Member Network was also represented at the Congress by Peter McMullin, ACCI Board Member and President of the Victorian Employer's Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI).
Peter addressed a panel session Far East To The Middle East which highlighted the reasons for the relative resilience economies in the Asia Pacific region displayed during the Global Financial Crisis and the set the scene for the trade and commercial opportunities increasing emerging such as in the services sector highlighted ACCI's Service Industries Blueprint, Services: The New Economic Paradigm.
Peter's remarks were supported by the recent endorsement of ACCI's Services Industries
Blueprint by the members of the Confederation of Asia Pacific Chambers of Commerce and
Industry (CACCI) at its 25th Conference held in Istanbul, Turkey which was also addressed
ACCI's Chief Executive Peter Anderson.
"The past decade has certainly seen the growing importance of services in Asia, as indicated by the rising contribution of the service sector in the GDP and employment generation in many Asian countries."
Dr Webster Kiang
BIAC & ACCI Celebrate The OECD's 50th Anniversary
As the gateway for private sector input into the influential Organisation for Economic
Cooperation and Development (OECD), the Business and Industry Advisory Committee
(BIAC) is an essential stakeholder in the work of the OECD's deliberations and move to champion
higher standards of quality and performance by Governments in their policy decisions.
As the voice of Australian business the Committee, ACCI and BIAC celebrated the OECD's
50th Anniversary and published a booklet below to help mark the occasion. The booklet
features testimonials from global business leaders including ACCI's former President Peter O'Brien
and ACCI's Chief Executive Peter Anderson. The booklet can be viewed online below.
ICC & ICC Australia Launch Updated
International Model Franchising Contract
Franchising accounts for billions of dollars in global yearly sales. The ICC has released
a revised and updated version of its Model International Franchising Contract produced
by the ICC's Commission on Commercial Law and Practice.
The ICC and ICC Australia Model Contract deals with international cross border direct
distribution franchise agreements and includes:
- Territorial Exclusivity
- Training of the Franchisee
- Operation of the business
- Resolution of disputes