Medicines Australia represents the discovery-driven pharmaceutical industry in Australia. Our member companies invent, manufacture and supply innovative medicines and vaccines to the Australian community. Those medicines keep Australians out of hospitals, prevent disease and play a pivotal role in ensuring a productive and healthy community.
Medicines Australia represents the innovative medicines industry by:
- engaging with government and government departments, the Australian Medicines Industry, consumer groups and health professionals to develop health and industry policy
- building and maintaining relationships with government for fair reimbursement of medicines (through the Pharmaceuticals Benefits Scheme) to ensure the continuation of a viable medicines industry
- administering the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct which sets the standard for the ethical marketing and promotion of prescription medicines
- working with other health professional and consumer organisations on issues of mutual concern
- providing specialist advice to member companies
- educating the community about industry activities.