Free Online Training
While workplaces – and laws – have come a long way in recent times, 39 per cent of the LGBTI community do not disclose their sexuality at work. While some reasonably argue it is nobody’s business, for others fear of exclusion prevents them from bringing their true selves to their workplace.
We look at what employers can do to foster an inclusive culture in their business – from policies to education and all that’s in between – to build a more welcoming and productive workplace.
As part of the newest Great Australian Workplace series, tune into this month’s webinar to hear from people who have worked towards creating inclusive workforces.
- JoAnna Ferrari - Celebrated business leader and transgender community advocate
- Ross Wetherbee - Senior Program Manager, Pride in Diversity
Being an entrepreneur is hard work. The journey can be filled with risk, stress, excitement and pride at various points in time – it’s smooth sailing for some and a roller-coaster for the ill-prepared or unlucky. Our speakers share their tales of starting a business from scratch, where they found support, and pass on tips that will empower entrepreneurs, from getting your idea off the ground through to the challenges of being a leader.
- Andre Eikmeier, co-founder and joint CEO, Vinomofo
- Adam Schwab, co-founder, Lux Group
Join the webinar discussion exploring how creating a healthy workplace actually makes good business sense, and hear some cautionary tales of what happens when it goes wrong.
With the modern workplace evolving into an older workforce as average retirement ages spikes, leadership techniques may need to be re-examined for employees and employers alike.
Tune into this month’s webinar, part of The Great Australian Workplace series, exploring how you can improve the quality of your management and leadership style.
- Andrew Conway FIPA FFA, Institute of Public Accountants, Chief Executive Officer
- Sarah Liu, The Dream Collective, Founder and Director
In association with Smart Company, listen in on the discussion around working towards an environment that values employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Cherie Curtis, CEO, Revelian
- Ramon Martinez, CEO and founder, ANPO Experience
In association with Smart Company, listen in on the discussion around workplace law, payroll and superannuation requirements for SMEs.
- Tracy Angwin, CEO, Australian Payroll Association
- Katie Sweatman, K&L Gates, Senior associate in the Labour, Employment and Workplace Safety team
As part of Small Business Festival Victoria, join this engaging conversation looking at the future of the workplace exploring issues to do with technology, diversity, innovation and an ageing population.
In this free webinar, brought to by Small Business Festival Victoria, and in association with Smart Company, take part in the discussion around how your business can hone its focus to become genuinely future-thinking.
This is a must for all astute business operators.
- Jan Owen, CEO,Foundation for Young Australians
- Dr Amantha Imber, innovation psychologist, best-selling author, and founder of Australia’s leading innovation consultancy Inventium
In association with Smart Company, listen in on the discussion around creating a flexible workplace to empower your employees.
- Tristan White, CEO, The Physio Group
- Bridget Loudon, Chief Executive Officer, Expert360