Applications for the ICC Australia Asia-Pacific Commercial Mediation Competition are now open, and close on 31 March 2017.
Who Can Apply?
The Competition is open to all students currently enrolled at an Asia-Pacific university.
- The role of the Counsel must be taken by a law student, whereas the role of the Client can be played by other students. Accordingly, at least one student in each team needs to be a law student. However, students studying economics, business or politics are also highly encouraged to apply.
- In each session two team members actively compete against two team members from another team. A team must consist of at least two and a maximum of four students.
- Each team can be accompanied by one or two coaches.
- Please note that pursuant to the Competition Rules, students who have already participated in the ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition in Paris are prohibited to compete.
We draw the applicants' special attention to the Competition Rules. Applicant and selected universities must make sure they meet all the requirements set by the Competition Rules (which will be available soon). Please be mindful of the fact that by submitting an application to participate in the Competition you are indicating to the Organizing Committee that you read and understood the Competition Rules.
The registration fee per team is calculated according to the number of team members.
Teams composed of:
• two students pay $AU 750
• three students pay $AU 850
• four students pay $AU 950
The first coach joins the team without additional charge, whereas $AU200 will be charged for the participation of a second coach.
Full payment of the registration fee prior to the Competition is mandatory. Teams which do not proceed with the payment of the registration fee within the given timeframe will not be admitted to the Competition.
ICC is regrettably not in a position to cover costs for travel and hotel accommodation. Therefore each team is responsible for its own expenses.
Preparation and Training
A training session will be conducted in early April 2017 by the Organising Committee for all competeing teams.
The following resources may also assit your team in preparation for the Competition:
- ICC International Commercial Mediation Training Role-Plays, available for purchase from the ICC Store
- ICC Mediation Practice, available for purchase from the ICC Store